TESCAN is a global supplier of scientific instruments with a mission to enable scientists and engineers addressing global and sustainability challenges with innovate instrumentation that reveals, uncovers and discovers the secrets of matter at the micro and nano scale. The company is building its reputation and brand name in the field of design and manufacturing of electron, ion and x-ray instruments as well as full system solutions for different applications. We transform highly complex technologies into simplified solutions to equip any user to pursue their goals.
TESCAN participates in top research projects and cooperation with leading companies in the field of electron microscopy and microanalysis. As a result, TESCAN’s instrumentation and innovative solutions have won a leading position in the world of nano- and microtechnology. More about us at www.tescan.com.
TESCAN XRE (TXRE), based in Ghent, Belgium, is Tescan Group’s Business Unit dedicated to tomography and related MicroCT products (DynaTom, UniTOM XL, UniTOM HR, CoreTOM…). We develop cutting-edge non-destructive 3D investigation technologies and actively contribute to advancing the state of the art on these subjects.
The R&D team is responsible for researching the hardware, physics and software that make TESCAN systems among the best in the world. With our flexible, dynamic instruments offering the best image quality at high speed, we meet the needs of our industrial and academic customers worldwide.
We are currently recruiting for a candidate for the position of Mechatronics Engineer. The person in this position will be responsible for CAD design of our systems, maintenance and continuous improvement of designs.
As an electro-mechanical designer working on research projects, you will :
- Participate in brainstorming through to prototype assembly.
- Collaborate with the applications team and the R&D team to develop new experiments.
- Develop the practical part of the installation.
- Carry out and revise designs, source appropriate components, order parts and devices, build the device and test its capabilities.
After validation, you will participate in the prototype’s transition to production. You will :
- Design more detailed specifications or finishes
- Provide the documentation package for the transfer (production drawings, assembly instructions, order details…):
- Provide technical support to production and service engineers in his/her area of specialization, and contribute to their training and skills development on products developed within the Micro CT BU.
An ideal candidate will have
- Master’s degree in mechanical engineering
- Advanced knowledge of electronics development and integration
- Solidworks knowledge is an advantage
- First experience as a mechanical and electronic designer in an industrial company required
- Interest in science and innovation
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Autonomy, Adaptability
- Language skills: English B2 or higher
- Motivating and creative work that enables scientists and engineers address global and sustainability challenges
- A modern working environment in a people oriented organization
- Working in a company that transform highly complex technologies into simplified solutions
- A position in a fast-growing global high-tech company with long-term employment prospects
- Location: Gent Belgium
- We’ll help you relocate if necessary
- The position is available as soon as possible
- Gent provides a high quality of life with lots of cultures and very family-friendly
- Package: Gross salary according to profile; hospital insurance; homeoffice with monthly compensation; meal vouchers; pension plan…
Are you interested?
Feel free to send us your (i) professional resume and (ii) cover letter describing reasons of your interest and expectations.
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
We are looking forward to your application!
TESCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.