We are currently seeking a highly motivated R&D Engineer/Specialist (FIB-SEM) for our TEM lamella team. This person will collaborate closely with all R&D departments and internal teams as well as the world’s world-leading companies and research centers. S/he will participate and drive the development and testing of innovative devices workflows tailored to the specific needs of customers in the field of Materials science.
- Design and develop new workflows/solutions with the support of system engineers and other departments
- Perform experimental testing of microscopes and devices and provide feedback to system/SW engineers
- Drive the execution of the development projects towards a final product
- Communicate with research and applications teams across the world
- Actively participate in international scientific meetings, conferences, and exhibitions
- Participate in meetings and support of our key customers
- Create application notes, technical documentation (e.g. user manual)
An ideal candidate will have
- University degree in Physics, Materials science or similar
- Knowledge of electron- and ion-beam techniques (FIB/SEM/TEM), Ion beam polisher
- Strong communication skills
- Teamwork is a must-have
- Ability to absorb detailed technical information and recent advances in the field
- Fluency in Spoken and Written English
- Engaging, creative and meaningful work,
- A modern working environment in a prestigious company producing high-end products based on cutting edge technology,
- Collaboration with the world-leading companies and universities Initial appointment for one year with possible extension upon mutual satisfaction.
- Support with your relocation,
- Start day upon agreement,
- Brno provides a high quality of life with lots of cultures and very family-friendly https://brnoregion.com/work.
Are you interested?
Feel free to send us your (i) professional resume and (ii) cover letter describing reasons of your interest and expectations.
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
We are looking forward to your application!
TESCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.