We are currently seeking a suitable candidate for R&D application transmission electron microscope (TEM) team. This person will test, verify, find a new workflow and collaborate with another R&D departments. S/he will participate in fairs and conferences.
- Performs application tests for research & development, creates application notes for R&D and customers
- Performs experimental testing and verification of physical functions of microscopes
- Creates application sheets and methods
- To find a new workflow for the TEM applications and to develop new applications related to beam-sensitive samples
- To develop cryo-TEM/STEM workflow for beam-sensitive samples in the field of Material Science, Chemistry, and Life Sciences.
- Collaborates with other development teams such as Software, System engineering and Mechanical team to develop new applications
- Participates in specialized conferences, fairs and other events related to company activities both in the Czech Republic and abroad
An ideal candidate will have
- University degree in Physics, Materials science, Chemistry, Solid state physics or related
- Orientation in any of these related fields (Material Science, Chemistry, Physics, Instrumentation etc.)
- Acquire new knowledge and findings and utilize
- Excellent communication skills
- Ability to find creative solutions and overcome unexpected obstacles
- Ability to transform ideas into practical solutions
- Communicative knowledge of English (written and spoken)
- Willingness to travel (up to 25% of time)
- Work independently as well as in a team
- Experience with TEM, TEM tomography, CryoTEM/STEM, electron diffraction tomography, or X-ray-diffraction instruments is an advantage
- Engaging, creative and responsible work
- A modern working environment in a prestigious company producing high-end products based on cutting edge technology
- Qualified technical support from R&D and active support for professional growth
- Support with your relocation
- Start day upon agreement
- 5 weeks of vacation/year, Multisport program, language course, bonuses, company events and much more
- Brno provides a high quality of life with lots of cultures and very family-friendly https://brnoregion.com/work.
Are you interested?
Feel free to send us your (i) professional resume and (ii) cover letter describing reasons of your interest and expectations.
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
We are looking forward to your application!
TESCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.