TESCAN participates in top research projects and cooperation with leading companies in the field of electron microscopy and microanalysis. As a result, TESCAN’s instrumentation and innovative solutions have won a leading position in the world of nano- and microtechnology. More about us at www.tescan.com.
We are recruiting a Quality Manager for Orsay Physics based in Fuveau, France. Orsay Physics is Tescan Group’s Business Unit specialized in Ions and Ultra High Vacuum.
Established in France in 1989, we design, produce and market mainly ion and electron beam columns (FIB/SEM column), integrated UHV FIB-SEM platforms, as well as associated equipment (Gas Injection Systems/GIS, detectors). Our ability to adapt and respond rapidly to our customers’ needs has enabled us to become one of the world leaders in our field.
Our DNA is built around 4 key ideas: Professionalism, Courage, Winning Together, Passion/Enthusiasm.
We also place great importance on our teams, and do our utmost to set an example when it comes to gender equality. For example, 50% of our management committee are women.
Our main customers are integrators, companies and academic laboratories in the fields of microelectronics, materials analysis and biology. Our instruments enable us to visualize, machine and analyze materials on the nanometric scale.
This position reports to the Group CQO and BU Director.
- Develop and implement quality control processes, procedures, and standards to ensure that products or services meet or exceed customer expectations and industry regulations (ISO 9001 standard, CE standard, process management, product life cycle, etc.)
- Conduct regular inspections, audits, and tests to identify quality issues and non-conformities
- Collaborate with engineering, production teams and R&D to address quality-related concerns and drive corrective actions
- Monitor and analyze quality performance metrics to identify trends and areas for improvement
- Monitor and analyze field service data to identify trends, opportunities for improvement, and training needs
Product Quality management:
- Drive continuous improvement initiatives to enhance product quality, reliability, costs and customer satisfaction
- Analyze customer feedback, warranty data, and field service reports to identify areas for improvement and implement corrective actions
- Lead root cause analysis and problem-solving efforts to address quality issues and prevent their recurrence
- Collaborate with engineering and production teams to implement design and process changes aimed at improving product quality and reducing warranty claims
- Work closely with other TESCAN production facilities
Supplier quality management:
- Collaborate with the procurement team to evaluate and select suppliers based on their quality systems, capabilities, and performance
- Establish and maintain strong relationships with suppliers, conducting regular audits and assessments to ensure adherence to quality standards
- Work with suppliers to resolve quality issues and drive continuous improvement in supplier quality
- Monitor and evaluate supplier performance through metrics, scorecards, and periodic reviews
Documentation & Reporting:
- Maintain accurate documentation of quality control processes, warranty claims, field service activities, and related records
- Prepare regular reports on quality performance, warranty trends, field service metrics, and improvement initiatives for management review
- Communicate quality-related information and updates to relevant stakeholders, including internal teams, suppliers, and customers
Facilities and building supervision:
- Supervise a person in charge of managing the buildings and facilities (periodic inspections, works, etc.). The person is also actively involved in the quality approach.
An ideal candidate will have
- Master’s degree in a technical field
- Minimum 5 year’s experience in similar position
- Experience of quality management in an industrial company
- Regulatory knowledge (ISO 9001, CE, ISO 14001, etc.)
- Language skills: English B1 or higher
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize
- Global and strategic thinking
- Engaging, creative and meaningful work
- A modern working environment in a prestigious company producing high-end products based on cutting edge technology
- A position in a global and expanding high-tech company with long-term employment prospects
- Competitive benefit package (insurance ; collective bonus ; meal vouchers)
- Support with your relocation
- Start day upon agreement
Are you interested?
Feel free to send us your (i) professional resume and (ii) cover letter describing reasons of your interest and expectations.
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
We are looking forward to your application!
TESCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.