TESCAN USA is a wholly owned subsidiary of TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING a.s. based in Brno, Czech Republic. TESCAN is one of the global suppliers of scanning electron microscopes and solutions for materials science, industry, biology, life sciences, forensic science, and others and is building its reputation and brand name by designing and building system solutions for different applications. TESCAN USA provides sales and service to the United States and Canada, and we are aggressively seeking to expand our market presence and visibility. For more information about the company visit www.tescan.com.
TESCAN USA is looking for a Field Service Engineer (FSE) to service Scanning Electron Microscopes (SEM), 3D X-Ray Tomography instruments and eventually FIB/SEM’s. This candidate will be provided with the necessary in-house training, also including on-the-job training. The FSE will then be based in a location to cover the required service area and must be convenient to a major airport. Expect overnight travel to be a minimum of three days a week.
Current opening: Mid/Central US (Michigan, Ohio, Indiana)
- The FSE will be responsible for meeting the daily needs of our customers including installation, routine maintenance, preventive maintenance, emergency service, technical support, customer training, and any other support associated with the position.
- The FSE will be required to be a self-starter, travel, and work independently with minimal supervision and be able to set their own schedule.
- Good organizational skills and written and oral communication skills are a must.
- Maintaining good customer relations is essential.
- The successful candidate will possess a proven ability to perform successfully as an individual or as part of a team.
- Travel in support of our customers in Canada may be required.
An ideal candidate will have
EDUCATION: Associate or bachelor’s degree in Electronics, Mechatronics, Physics, or Engineering preferred but not required (with previous industry experience).
- Experience in the service of SEM, TEM, or other electron beam-producing equipment is a plus but not required.
- Thorough understanding of PC hardware, Windows operating systems and an above-average proficiency in using
- Microsoft Office products (e.g. – Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Willingness and ability to travel both domestically and internationally, sometimes on short notice
- Must possess and be able to successfully maintain:
- A valid US driver’s license
- An automobile in good condition, capable of travelling several hundred miles, when required
- A personal credit card for company travel
- A valid US Passport, as well as being able to acquire any required travel Visas
Special Physical Requirements:
The candidate must be able to lift, carry, and/or move up to 50 lbs., frequently bend, stoop, climb, kneel, crouch/squat, sit and stand for long periods of time. The candidate must be able to reach above, below and at shoulder level, flex/extend the neck, and have good hand and finger dexterity. Specific vision abilities required for this job may include color/close/distant/peripheral vision and depth perception.
TESCAN USA will only employ individuals who are legally authorized to work in the United States for this opening (i.e. – no sponsorship is available). Any offer of employment may be conditional upon the successful completion of a background investigation and drug screening.
In compliance with government contracts, TESCAN USA requires its employees to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19.
- Highly competitive salary in the $70,000 – $100,000 range (or commensurate with experience), a great benefits package, and the chance to join a tremendous team. Signing bonuses will be offered to qualified individuals.
- TESCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Are you interested?
Qualified candidates should send their resume, cover letter, and salary requirements to: [email protected] directly or via the form. No phone calls will be accepted.
We are looking forward to your application!