TESCAN participates in top research projects and cooperation with leading companies in the field of electron microscopy and microanalysis. As a result, TESCAN’s instrumentation and innovative solutions have won a leading position in the world of nano- and microtechnology. More about us at www.tescan.com.
We are recruiting a Business Unit Controller for Orsay Physics based in Fuveau, France. Orsay Physics is Tescan Group’s Business Unit specialized in Ions and Ultra High Vacuum.
Established in France in 1989, we design, produce and market mainly ion and electron beam columns (FIB/SEM column), integrated UHV FIB-SEM platforms, as well as associated equipment (Gas Injection Systems/GIS, detectors). Our ability to adapt and respond rapidly to our customers‘ needs has enabled us to become one of the world leaders in our field.
Our DNA is built around 4 key ideas: Professionalism, Courage, Winning Together, Passion/Enthusiasm.
We also place great importance on our teams, and do our utmost to set an example when it comes to gender equality. For example, 50% of our management committee are women.
Our main customers are integrators, companies and academic laboratories in the fields of microelectronics, materials analysis and biology. Our instruments enable us to visualize, machine and analyze materials on the nanometric scale.
This position reports to the Group CFO and BU Director.
- Plan and implement systems and processes to maintain and grow the financial health of Business Unit
- Prepare statistical analysis of plans and financial results, and management reports
- Determine profitable opportunities for Business Unit and implement processes and systems to achieve higher profits and cash-flows through optimization of working capital
- Prepare and forecast annual budget, capital expenditure, operating costs and present it to the Business Unit Manager and Group leadership for approval
- Present financial performance results and policies to Business Unit Manager in order to take appropriate business decisions
- Correspond with various other departments, discuss company plans and agree on future paths to be taken
- Implement changes and monitor unit operations adhere to company policies and accounting principles
- Analyze costs, pricing, variable contributions, sales results and the company’s actual performance compared to the business plans
- Participate on preparation and approval of Price Authorization Forms
- Develop trends and projections for the company’s finances
- Conduct reviews and evaluations for cost-reduction opportunities
- Drive productivity improvements in G&A area
- Oversee operations of the finance department, set goals and objectives, and design a framework for these to be met, ensured assessment, motivation and reward
- Coordinate with Finance & Accounting teams (Shared Services Centre in the future) to ensure that business transactions are properly recorded
- Liaise with auditors to ensure appropriate monitoring of company finances is maintained
- Ensure statutory and tax compliance, including preparation of sales and income tax returns
An ideal candidate will have
- Master’s degree in Finance/Controlling
- Minimum 8 years experience on similar position
- Experience in an international company required
- Knowledge of accounting standards in different countries
- Good knowledge of Excel
- Language skills: English B2 or higher
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Ability to prioritize
- High moral standards
- Global and strategic thinking
- Engaging, creative and meaningful work
- A modern working environment in a prestigious company producing high-end products based on cutting edge technology
- A position in a global and expanding high-tech Czech company with long-term employment prospects
- Competitive benefit package (insurance ; collective bonus ; meal vouchers; etc.)
- Support with your relocation
- Start day upon agreement
Are you interested?
Feel free to send us your (i) professional resume and (ii) cover letter describing reasons of your interest and expectations.
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
We are looking forward to your application!
TESCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.