We are looking for dedicated software engineers to develop next-generation automated analytical scientific instruments. You will work with mechanical and electrical engineers and scientists to develop and implement strategies for controlling electron microscopes and other cutting-edge analytical instruments.
You will be part of a software team located in TESCAN Tempe, Arizona. In this position, you can be located either in Brno (CZ) or Tempe, Arizona (USA).
- Analyze the behavior of systems in development to determine optimum strategies for automating common operations, including alignments, specimen navigation and data acquisition
- Develop algorithms for analyzing data from sensors and detectors to extract information for closed-loop control schemes
- Perform testing and provide tools and test plans for other testers
You will be using:
- Machine learning approaches to system modeling
- Autonomous navigation
- Cloud-based tools to automate experiments and analysis at scale
- Real-time, multi-process and multi-threaded coding
- 3D analytical geometry
- GPU programming – CUDA, OpenCL
- Advanced image analysis, including Fourier processing, cross correlation, convolution, feature recognition, optical flow, etc.
An ideal candidate will have
- Bc. or M.Sc. in computer science, engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- Industry experience with the software development life cycle, modern software testing methods, etc.
- Strong skills in one or more computer languages including C++, C#, Java and/or Python
- Experience with image processing and machine vision algorithms and libraries, especially OpenCV
- Engaging, creative and meaningful work on technical and scientific projects
- Modern working environment in a global and expanding high-tech company with long-term employment prospects
- Competitive benefit package
- Initial appointment for one year with possible extension upon mutual satisfaction
- Location in Brno (CZ), or Tempe, Arizona (USA).
- Support with your relocation
- Start day upon agreement
- Brno provides a high quality of life with lots of cultures and very family-friendly https://brnoregion.com/work
Are you interested?
Feel free to send us your (i) professional resume and (ii) cover letter describing reasons of your interest and expectations.
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
We are looking forward to your application!
TESCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.