We are currently looking for a motivated Head of Applications for one of our global applications departments. The person in this position would provide proactive support to the application teams of the global Life Sciences segment of TESCAN ORSAY HOLDING and its subsidiaries, partners and potential customers in this segment.
The position creates a career opportunity for a candidate who has both strong experience as a Life Sciences Application Specialist/Manager and managerial ambition and potential.
- Manage the global team of Application Specialists, through a matrix network
- Create and implement globally consistent Life Science demonstration processes
- Train Life Science customers / users on the operation of TESCAN products
- Provide support and input to Product Marketing Managers related to product requirements, market trends, product roadmaps, market strategy etc.
- Deliver professional technical and marketing presentations
- Attend key life science conferences
- Optimize application workflows
- Actively source and support customer collaborations
- Provide critical feedback to new products from R&D, etc.
An ideal candidate will have
- MSc or PhD in Life Sciences
- Knowledge of advanced technology and diagnostics as well as operational experience with various analytical equipment
- Ability to absorb detailed technical information and recent advances in the field
- Background in electron microscopy, x-ray imaging and / or focused ion beam techniques.
- Previous experience in a life science position in either industry or academia.
- Experience in leading formal/informal teams, good managerial skills
- Strong communicative skills (both verbal and written)
- Focus on result, ability to work under pressure, conceptual thinking and pro-customer attitude
- Good managerial and team leader skills
- Language skills: English B2 or higher
- Willingness to travel internationally (up to 50% of time) and possession of a valid passport and driving license
- Engaging, creative and meaningful work
- A modern working environment in a prestigious company producing high-end products based on cutting edge technology
- A position in a global and expanding high-tech Czech company with long-term employment prospects
- Competitive benefit package
- Location preferably in Brno, Czech Republic (or any of TESCAN´s subsidiaries upon agreement). Wherever sited, spending time in Brno will be critical to the success of this role.
- Start day upon agreement
Are you interested?
Feel free to send us your (i) professional resume and (ii) cover letter describing reasons of your interest and expectations.
A review of applications will run continuously as they are received and until the position is filled. The short-listed applicants complying with the requirements will be invited for personal or Teams interviews.
We are looking forward to your application!
TESCAN is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We support diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.